I had to stop by the café but the moment I entered and looked around and checked, the ambience was soothing and even had a calming effect, but I was stunned to see that in spite of seeing or talking with each other. People were totally engrossed with their heads down and let their fingers do the talking, in the midst of sipping the coffee. Well, they all represented the people of today’s era, who indulge in mobile technology and dig into the mobile apps. The mobile devices have driven the technology to a level where mobile broadcasting is exploding and it’s not just for industry based but has reached to social media also. The live streaming app has moved from the new and different to the mainstream and bridged the gap between business and pleasure. The app market is filled with so many different live-streaming apps, which entertain the users and help the businesses to earn a profit. With this blog, I aim to focus majorly on the few of the significant steps to be considered carefully, before developing the live-streaming app.
What Is Live-Streaming App
The live-streaming apps carry a different vision to see the world with the perspective of others, which lets you explore the new destinations, a new group of people, feel the warmth of culture and taste the different languages, all by sitting at a cozy corner of your home. A live-streaming app cannot become hit instantly; it does take a lot to make an app a successful app. As the reports to be suggested, a smartphone is the most common gadget used by everybody in today’s society and by the end of 2020, there will be 6.1 billion Smartphone users in the world. There are two different types of live-streaming apps:
Video streaming app and live broadcasting apps
- Video streaming app- This format of the app is related to video playback, where videos are pre-uploaded by the users, and these videos are stored on the server. The user can view the video at any time.
- Live broadcasting app- This format of the app is designed for online broadcasts, the user can stream the video, and can broadcast this video to their subscribers or users who have subscribed to a particular broadcast in the real-time.
Benefits of Live-Streaming Apps
- Generates bigger audience
- Easy access to content
- Showcase your brand in different perspective using webinar, conference or tutorial chat
Trending Live- Streaming Apps
It would be wrong to invest your time and energy into a creepy app, which would encourage the instant uninstall. While picking the live-streaming app you need to play a role of prudent buyer, and attain the utmost beautiful product at the end and experience the difference. Here I have compiled a list of top live- streaming app in the market which is gaining constant popularity. Let’s take a look:
- Supports s 720p/1080p HD mp4, mkv, m4v, mov, flv, avi, rmvb, rm, ts, tp and other video formats
- Support streaming protocols: HTTP (HLS) , MMS, RTSP & RTMP
- Play/Pause live video stream
- Ability to add multiple video streams
- Integration with Admob & iAds
- Chat Rooms based on different music genres with Firebase
- Event Calendar integration with Google
- Photo Gallery integration with Picasa, Flickr, Instagram etc.
Create MVP First
Can you put all the ingredients available in your kitchen to the one particular dish you are preparing, obviously not, then imply the same rule here and don’t overfeed your mobile app with different features in one go? Initiate the development process by creating MVP (Minimum Viable product) first. The MVP development would help you to understand what your app needs further. Follow the process:
- Choose a platform: it can either be native or hybrid, depending on your requirement
- Create user registration
- Create a personal user profile
- Implement the online video streaming
- Comment flexibility on broadcasting
- Search bar
- Intuitive Design
- Server ability to convert the stream
The accurate chunks of the mentioned features within the app, let the wider users get attracted towards your app. Follow these steps with a testing process to fix the bug, so the very first version of your live-streaming mobile app can go live on the app platform. The first version is a test app from your end, which can receive numerous amendments as per the requirement and feedback given by the users.
We all work for a better living, and the better living comes with the paper and the metal, commonly known as money. Every startup aims to make a viable profit, so to know that how a live-streaming app can assist with a profitable business, is a much-needed point to be discussed within this blog. Here are few of the top ways to share the money boat with the live-streaming app:
- Paid App- It is a paid version of the mobile app, where the user has to pay a certain amount to install the app.
- Freemium- Within this category, you can create two different versions of your app: free and premium, which would require only certain features to be paid, else the app would remain free.
- Advertisements – This category lets you feature the partners’ ads in your application.
Undoubtedly, a live-streaming app for your business can sell like hot cake, but you need to be extra cautious before taking the decision, you need to ask yourself, whether you have considerable social media following, do the followers take interest in your posts, what is the frequency of posts from your end and how far that content has been useful for your users… if your answer for the mentioned questions come in the affirmative tone, then certainly the live streaming apps, would be a perfect and absolute fit for your brand. At Techugo, we take pride in developing the mobile apps for the leading brands to startups and our mobile app development team has the expertise to create a unique variety of mobile app solution for your business needs, which would help you to showcase your idea, goal, and dream in the most informative and engaging way. Our team of top mobile app designers is here to help assist you with every step of your mobile app development strategy. We consult, brainstorm, manage the project, design, develop, test, launch, and market apps in the best possible way. You can get in touch with our team to discuss further your concept to bring into reality. The discussion would help you to gain a better insight of your app requirement.
You can reach us at: