28 Dec 2022
Android and iOS App Development Facts That You Should Know!
Technology has elevated our daily lives to a new level. It plays a vital role today and influences how people communicate, learn and think. All thanks to the technologies embedded in mobile devices.
Without it, we cannot think of such advancements in our lives. These advances have made everyday life easier and more enjoyable. Smartphones and the internet are two of the most famous examples.
Mobile apps have been top-rated since the introduction of smartphones. With such revolutionary smartphone solutions, we can tackle our everyday tasks, including shopping, entertainment, banking, learning, and communication. Moreover, these apps make learning interactive and more collaborative. Spotify, Uber, and Facebook are some of the most used mobile apps. If you want to develop an efficient product, a consultation with the best mobile app development company can help you.
These are now an integral part of our everyday lives and are found everywhere on the market. Even businesses that never considered developing apps are now getting involved. That’s why mobile app development is a must-have for businesses
To keep up with consumer needs and stay on the technology curve, mobile application development is a vast field. Here are some facts that you should know before creating an app.
But, first, let’s move into and get insight into mobile app development.
Also Read – How to Choose a Mobile App Development Company?
What is Mobile App Development?
Creating software for small, wireless computing devices is called mobile app development, including smartphones, tablets, and other small-sized gadgets. The Android Operating System and iOS have emerged as the most popular mobile platforms. These platforms allow you to download applications according to your preference. Also, you can add apps to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. App Development assures that users will be able to use a temporary sensor. This allows businesses to increase customer satisfaction.
What’s more about Apps?
AppStore offers 2,000,000 applications that users can download. On the other hand, Google Play boasts a staggering 3.5 million apps. The main reason behind it is the Appstore’s strict policies determining which application gets published on the platform. You’ll have a highly saturated market with 660,000 apps on Windows Store and 460,000 apps from Amazon Appstore.
Also Read – Here’s How To Get Your App Featured On App Store!
This is excellent news for anyone who wants to create an app that makes a real difference and offers a wide variety of features that adds value to its users. However, it’s essential to recognize how saturated the market is and how difficult it may be to stay on top.
It is challenging to create a unique application that makes users feel special. Therefore, ensure to have a team of experts to help you get your application development project off the ground.
Interesting Facts about Android and iOS App Development
Now, let’s learn about some facts related to android or iOS app development that every entrepreneur planning to build their own app should be aware of.
1. Websites are more popular than mobile apps. Statistics show that people spend more time on mobile apps than they do browsing the web. Engaging customers is made more accessible by having a mobile application.
2. Because people are less likely to use apps that have complicated designs, interactive app design is crucial. Businesses must ensure that their mobile apps are designed to meet the user’s needs. A mobile app that is simple and convenient to use will be more popular.
3. An average user has over 80 apps stored on their smartphone. This information is why you should ensure that your mobile app has a unique value. It should be optimized for the App store to increase visibility and encourage downloads.
4. Mobile applications are reliant on ads for revenue. An ad can be displayed within an app, and you will get paid. This is per impression, click, and every time a user installs your advertising app.
5. The popularity of mobile gaming has increased dramatically. Mobile games are accessible from any location at any time. The mobile app development market is expanding at an incredible rate.
6. Tablets are the next generation. Computers played an essential role in the past when we used them to perform all the work. However, as technology advanced, so did new and more innovative technologies like tablets. According to research reports, tablets have surpassed the sales of computers in two years. Tablets are now second only to laptops and computers.
7. The iOS market is expanding faster than any android app development company. IOS is the preferred choice of developers because it offers the most recent features and benefits. The reports show that more than 42% of Apple users prefer Apple software over Android, and only 31% prefer Android. Smoothness, high performance, and ease of use are the key factors that make iOS successful. Moreover, Android is praised for its ease-of-use features. Nevertheless, Android still managed to generate almost 70$ in sales.
8. Users downloaded 10.6 million apps. This is 81% more than the same time in 2019. People are returning to travel as the world recovers after the pandemic.
9. Mobile apps are generally free. Some people will pay for a mobile application to make the most of it. So, businesses must ensure that their mobile apps offer great value for money.
10. The future is mobile shopping apps. Apps are a digital extension of most of our everyday activities. An app is a great way to encourage and make purchases for retail businesses.
What’s the most significant difference between Android and iOS development?
There are critical differences between iOS app development and Android app development.
- iOS app developers use Swift, while Android developers use Java and Kotlin.
- There are standard screen sizes for iPads and iPhones with Apple devices. This means you will need to focus more on interface design and case-by-case programming to ensure device compatibility.
- Android apps take longer time to develop due to device fragmentation, which is the fact that there are many Android OS versions. Maintaining and developing Android apps is more challenging because different devices receive security updates at other times.
- Different user demographics exist for Android and iOS apps. These include income, age, location, hours spent, income, hours on apps, payment, and so forth. Apple users are typically younger and more wealthy than Android users.
These are the differences to consider when developing apps. Also, analyze your target audience and decide if you would like to reduce development time and maintainability.
Difference between Android and iOS in an Explained Way
Here, we have brought in a clear difference between android and iOS on a different basis. Ensure to get a deep insight.
1. App Design
Design guidelines systems are used to determine how apps look and feel. Material Design will apply to Android apps. The iOS developer guidebook will be the Human Interface Guidelines.
Apple places the importance of the app’s content above design. Clearness and large amounts of white space are recommended. The most commonly used tools by UI designers are shadows and gradients. The application’s design must convey depth and be multi-layered. Baby sleep coach is a prominent example of an iOS app design.
Real-world situations inspire Android designs. Color and motion are the two most important defining elements of Android design. Android designers often use various tools, including light, motions, and color changes.
It’s up to the designer to decide on a design for the app. However, some system-specific differences can influence the design of Android and iOS apps.
2. Distribution models
iOS allows developers to distribute apps outside of the public download. For example, companies can share tools with employees or a select group. In addition, you can distribute apps under a private license. You also have access to advanced development tools and testing utilities.
If you want to build an iOS app for education, the dedicated iOS and android app development company can help you a lot.
Android has more to offer than Google Play in terms of app distribution. Developers can also publish apps on Amazon App Store, a marketplace for Android applications. It has been operating since 2011 and is available in more than 200 countries. Moreover, it has nearly as large a user base as Google Play. This means developers can attract more users.
Developers can reach a wider audience with Android app distribution models. iOS has convenient programs that allow developers to release proprietary technology.
3. Monetization and Return On Investment
App monetization is an important consideration when choosing between iOS and Android. There are three main methods to make money from a mobile app: in-app purchases (paid apps), paid applications, and ad-based models. Here’s a quick overview of each approach and their performance characteristics as determined by Techugo to provide the android and ios app development service
- In-app purchases. Android apps are leading in the number of transactions with 22% versus 17%. The average transaction cost for Android is $10, while it’s $30 for iOS.
- Paid apps iOS is the leader in releasing paid applications straight to the app marketplace. 11% of iOS’s game apps are paid. Android has a value of 7%.
- Ad-based monetization. The majority of iOS apps do not use ads. Only 22% of non-gaming apps do. Android apps are, however, heavily ad-supported. 63% of Android apps use advertising SDKs.
Overall, iOS apps have a greater return on investment than Android apps. Google Play Store created a new way to monetize a few months back. Developers can increase their app’s revenue through the “Rewarded Products” feature. Visitors can watch sponsored videos and receive in-game currency. A few clicks are all it takes to add a reward product to an app. In addition, developers can use the Google Play Billing Library.
Google Play Store also offers a subscription-based model of payment. This is an excellent option for streaming video and music on demand with subscription features.
App Store also offers a subscription model. Developers can allow both auto-renewable and non-renewable subscriptions. Instead of the 30% standard commission for other monetization models, both platforms take 15% of a developer’s revenues. Mobile app developers believe that in-app subscriptions will surpass all other monetization models.
4. MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
No matter how innovative or profitable an idea may seem, not all opinions will live up to your expectations. Entrepreneurs often invest much money to develop a useless app or generate losses and disappointment instead of profits. This is why consultation with the best android or iOS app developers you must take to create a Minimum Viable Product. This is a functional version that users can install on the device. It only implements essential functionality. MVP is the simplest version of the program. It allows you to evaluate the idea in real-world scenarios and decide if it is worth continuing development to create a fully-fledged product. If the MVP version is widespread and the market has responded positively, the concept can be successful, and work can begin.
5. Target Audience
You should research the markets in the countries and regions where you plan to build iOS app development. The majority of North American and Western European citizens use Apple devices. You should create an iOS app to focus on these areas. Android devices are still more popular in Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa.
What’s Best and Worst in Android and iOS Mobile App Development?
Now, let’s figure out the best and worst of android app development.
- Open system: Android allows developers to see more of the internal workings of the system. This will enable developers to develop and apply features that iOS would likely limit.
- Flexibility: Android’s open-source software makes it easy for developers to get started. Android developers can use various crowdsourcing plugins and frameworks and play with features and functionality. This makes it more flexible than iOS and complicates the development process.
- Design: Google’s detailed developer guidelines for wireframing can be beneficial in creating an attractive layout and intuitive Android user interface.
- Release: Google Play Store makes it easier to publish apps than iOS. The app takes just a few hours to go live once the Android PacKage is uploaded.
- Fragmentation: Fragmentation can be seen as a disadvantage. However, Android allows you to create apps for a wider variety of hardware, including wearables and streaming devices, TVs, and in-car systems.
- Testing: Because of the many Android versions and devices, QA specialists must spend more time testing apps on every model.
- Cost: It may be more expensive to develop on this platform because of the fragmentation and extensive testing. It all depends on the app complexity.
Pros of iOS Mobile App Development
- Performance: iOS is more stable and easier to use. Apple creates its own software and hardware on this closed platform. This allows for stricter guidelines to be implemented. The platform’s responsiveness is high, and it is flexible. Apps are also easy to create and have less piracy.
- Integration: There are 20 types of iOS devices. Android has over a thousand more systems. Screen size and resolution are often less critical due to minor device fragmentation. However, the development process is generally simpler and faster.
- Intuitive UX/UI: The satisfaction of iOS users is a critical factor in evaluating the iOS app development benefits. Apple has created a detailed design guide to app UI that will help developers create a fantastic user experience. It provides an excellent combination of hardware and software, with ongoing maintenance throughout the app’s life cycle. It ensures that almost all Apple devices work flawlessly.
iOS is a good choice for beginners or small development teams due to its pre-made interfaces and limited device range.
Cons of iOS Mobile App Development
- App release: App Store has stringent review guidelines. Your app could be rejected for vulnerabilities, poor performance, or lack of helpful content. You must submit your app for review.
- Customization: Because of the many restrictions imposed by iOS, it can be challenging to customize an app. This can affect app popularity and make it difficult for apps to stand out. You can also use frameworks in iOS to help you develop your app, but many of these are licensed and can lead to higher app development costs.
Is it easier to create iOS apps than Android apps?
iOS is easier for both novice and experienced programmers. Instead, iOS apps are generally easier to develop and more affordable than Android apps.
iOS developers use Swift, Apple’s native programming language. Android developers usually use Java or Kotlin. Swift is more user-friendly and requires less code work when developing native mobile apps. A reduced amount of coding can help you save time and money when developing apps for iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad.
Which apps are more profitable: Android or iOS?
The mobile app is an excellent way for businesses to generate revenue. Both Android and iOS apps can make a lot.
- The Android market is a global one with a lot of potential for earning.
- Apple App Store is a larger and more profitable market than other stores.
In a Nutshell!
Mobile app development statistics show that people spend more time using their smartphones, download millions of apps, and are willing to pay for these apps, which is quite lucrative.
Want to develop your own dynamic app?
A consultation with Techugo, the best app development company, is all you need. So, don’t forget to schedule a meeting with us today and get your app developed.
Get in touch.
We are just a call away
Or fill this form