28 Sep 2018
Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Xcode 10
we all adore technology, and there is not a single moment passed in our daily schedules when we fail to take a plunge into the tech-filled invention, to ease down the common issues in our lives.
Understanding the need of the hour, every tech-giant ensures to offer something bigger and better to the audience, so the technology would not take a nosedive and slowly faded into oblivion.
It speaks the fact; unless there are improvements made to the technology, the chances are increased for the users to chuck it and switch to other.
This very threat always stay in the technical worlds, and tech giant like Apple has taken this into a serious consideration, that’s the reason they always stay on their toes to help you get something better than before.
This time Apple has made a major breakthrough in the landscape of technology with the launch of Xcode 10.
Are you puzzled? Not getting the clear idea to my reference? Don’t worry, let us help you further…
Apple has launched the framework Xcode 10, which is the synonym of perfection, quality, and innovation.
Ok, we would not sound it more cryptic so let’s break the ice with this post, where every information related to Xcode 10 is mentioned herewith…just unleash the magic ahead…
FIRST AND THE FOREMOST…WHAT IS XCODE?
It would not be absolutely wrong, if I would call the Xcode 10 a complete package for the developers, which allows them to craft not just build the successful mobile apps, which are not just functional but highly responsive.
To speak in the simpler words Xcode 10 has everything which is further required to create an invincible app for Apple platforms.
It consists of new instruments, new tools, new Dark Mode on macOS Mojave, the source code editor, test suites, Swift 4.2 and much more which can really leave you gaping.
Are you willing to know what’s there in the store of Xcode 10 for your mobile app???
Don’t worry, we have compiled its essence of perfection in this blog post to help you build a visionary appeal in the form of iOS application…just read further…[WHAT ARE THE HIDDEN FEATURES OF IOS 12]
Xcode 10 is infused with the new build system, which offers the guaranteed improved reliability and builds performance. This build system captures the project configuration issues which are not served further by the legacy build system.
However, the legacy build system is very much still available in Xcode 10. Any project configured on the legacy build system would be displayed with an orange hammer icon in the Activity View.
Xcode 10 lets the developers experience the impeccable experience a new Dark interface with macOS Mojave.
With this setting, developers can transform their work into a visual appeal, as the complete interface changes into dark including the icons, the fonts, contrasting color of the jump bar to name a few.
Now developers get the sufficient tools to create their own dark apps for macOS. Also, the developers can switch their apps in and out of Dark Mode while debugging. This can easily be done utilizing the controls within Xcode and the best part suggests that developers don’t require changing their system settings.
Now with Xcode 10, the Stack button in the canvas bar is changed with a pop-up menu, which consists of every embedding option for the selection.
In the current version, developers can select the menu for a font family in the Attributes inspector, which would also reflect the preview of each font.
Now the controls of named colors from an asset catalog would update as the value of the color may change.
It further allows the developers to utilize the image and color inspector properties through a navigation button to jump to that resource.
With Xcode 10 debugging developers would get the tools to make an accurate selection between the light and dark mode on the background color theme. It also allows the developers to transform the outlook of the macOS app at runtime.
The named colors are further checked by the inspector during the view debugging, which would reflect whether the chosen ones are the system colors or not.
The iOS developers can take the help from Xcode 10 to run the test along with, which removes the timing issue faced in running the tests separately.
This testing parallelization process is supported for macOS unit tests, like unit and UI tests on iOS and tvOS simulators. I
This very model is working towards rerunning the existing Read–Eval–Print Loop (REPL) playground code, which is an interactive programming language that accepts the single user inputs and returns the result to the user.
Now developers can run their code up to any specific line, or type shift-return to run the code just added. Also, it allows importing the Create ML framework to further guide the new models and get the codes written to test the model right in the playground.
On completion, this very model can be dragged into the mobile app directly.
- Get Faster App Development
The very existence of the Swift 4.2 in Xcode 10, is going to create a stir in the development field.
The reason is very simple because Swift 4.2 is all equipped with the advanced version of the programming language, which is the sole cause for the faster development.
This fusion would definitely spike up the development process and letting the iOS developers get ample of time to deliver much before the deadline.
- Asset Catalog
Xcode 10 is going to change the support given to the color assets and images as it allows the developers to have 3 options; light, the dark and high contrast on macOS 10.14 and above.
This would also offer the support for CarPlay, ARKit 3D assets, letting the background contrast to set to light or dark so foreground elements display with sufficient contrast.
- Notarized & Distribution of The Apps
With Xcode 10, the Developer ID distribution lets the app to upload on Apple for being notarized. This can easily be achieved with certain easy steps. Like:
- Create an archive and further choose to distribute the App.
- Select the Developer ID and upload destination.
- To make this step accomplished, the developer requires having an Apple ID, App Store Connect role and provider membership.
- The application is supposed to get notarized with a Developer ID certificate signature.
- On the completion of this step, the developer can further check it on Organizer’s window, wherein the archive must be selected and choose the Show Status Log button.
- The developer further can export the notarized app from the Organizer window, which would hold the stapled ticket, to be distributed further.
- Source Control
This very function now lets the developer receive the support from numerous source code collection such as GitHub and GitHub Enterprise, GitLab.com and GitLab self-hosted and Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Server.
- Some More Updates
- Now Library content has shifted to the Inspector area to an overlay window, which has the capacity to be moved and resized like Spotlight search.
- The library content can be dismissed once items are dragged, but the Option key would keep the library open for an additional drag.
- Developers can open the library through a new toolbar button; View > Libraries menu.
- The content keeps a pace with the active editor, letting the similar UI to provide the access to code snippets, Interface Builder, SpriteKit, or SceneKit items.
- The media library can be accessed with a long press on the toolbar button.
- Developers can further customize the code snippets and add them to the library via the Editor > Create Code Snippet menu item.
- The newly-created schemes can now be shared with an ease with all the Xcode project users.
- If a developer wants to create a personal scheme, he/she needs to uncheck the “Shared” checkbox in the “Manage Schemes” sheet.
- Which Are The Supported Configuration
- Mac running macOS 10.13.4 or later.
- It includes SDKs for iOS 12, watchOS 5, macOS 10.14, and tvOS 12.
- Also, it supports running multiple concurrent versions of the Xcode app and of any associated tools such as Simulator.
- It can further coexist with previous versions of Xcode.
No prize for guessing but, Xcode 10 has proven to be a perfect developers’ toolset, which would further be utilized to create breath -taking mobile apps for Apple TV, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
With the launch of three new iPhones and WatchOS, indeed the development field is on fire to grab the maximum out of these technologies to craft innovative and magnificent iOS applications.
If you are yet to enter the app development field for your business, then don’t wait any longer, because the technology is going to transform the way users would interact with existing services and products, simply get in touch with a leading ios application development company and let the magical Xcode development environment to engulf your business and reach the extreme levels of success.