Apple announced the iOS 12.4 Developer Beta 3 just before the WWDC. So, we can expect that there must be something very innovative and amazing feature they want to test.
Apple confirmed an iOS 12.4 update and firmware is in third phase of beta testing now. The company has not confirmed the official release date yet but iOS users who cannot wait for the official release and want to try an early version of the software can join the beta testing group and try right now.
Apple pushed an iOS 12.4 beta to the developers and those enrolled themselves into the Beta Software Program, it is free for anyone with a working Apple ID. iOS 12.4 beta is compatible with every device running on iOS 12 which includes iPhone 5s, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, and others.
If you are new to the Beta Software Program, then you need to remember that pre-release software always has so many bugs and performance issues. These bugs could impact your device performance, battery’s life, and overall speed. There are possibilities that you can fix some of these issues on your own, but most of the bugs and performance will be fixed only by the experts of Apple.
iOS 12.4 release date
As we already mentioned that Apple has not confirmed any official release date or window, but most probably they are going to launch in this summer. We expect this to tie-in with the company’s Apple Card release this summer which means it can be released sometime in June, July, or in early August.
iOS 12.4 update:
We can say that iOS 12.4 is the major upgrade which means it will carry a mixture of bug fixes, patches, and new features. It may bring support for Apple’s new Apple card with the new amazing features in the wallet app. Apple employees are reportedly using the iOS 12.4 beta to test the new credit card ahead of launch.
Apple does not reveal the new features and bug fixes for this patch but they resolved some major bugs during the iOS 12.4 Beta 2 such as:
- Simulator builds of watchOStprojects that emit bit code fails with the error message “GNU-style inline assembly is disabled.”
- Build system issue that produce a spurious “ignoring build task” warning when building localized Siri Intents.
- LLDB issue which creates problem when importing Swift modules, it applies “target.source-map” and the “DBGSourcePathRemapping” dictionary in the “.dSYM” bundle to the “fmodule map” file option. This impacts the alternative build systems that rely on path remapping to access debug information.
- Localization issues that crash when modernizing localized content.
- Simulator issue which fails to launch Swift apps with the message “dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libauto.dylib.”
Many issues in Swift compiler were fixed such as:
- In some cases, compilation may fail without emitting a specific error.
- Most of the time you get a linker error about missing nominal type descriptor when building the Swift project.
- Using “@objc” designate initializer as a protocol creates an instance of the base class. Metal type of the subclass is called a requirement protocol.
- Build time regression associated with Swift files that defines a large number.
- Indexing of the invalid class that has circular inheritance during a debug hangs compiler most of the time.
- Memory usage issue is associated with the whole module optimization mode.
- Build a time crash that occurred when a Threat Sanitizer was enabled.
- Checking the validity of the conditional requirements associated with the constrained extension.
- When developers declare enumerations that contain the single case with an associated value and multiple cases without an associated value. The compiler was not able to properly differentiate the cases without associated values.
- The swift package manager issue that generates “xcodeproj” command on the top of the level package.
Apple already resolved these issues in iOS12.4 Beta 2. In the Beta 3 patch, we expect to resolve some more issues and addition of some new features. If you want to know more details about iOS 12 then reach Techugo.
We are experts in developing the best iOS applications with the latest tools and technologies. Our iOS app developers have years of experience in developing the user-centric apps. So, if you are looking for the iphone application development company then reach us.13