18 May 2023
Waayu Food Delivery App: Suniel Shetty Launches A Competitor for Swiggy and Zomato!
This ‘Waayu’ will blow the competitors away.
If you are an Indian, you must know the depth of this statement. Indeed, it is not just an entry of the ‘Waayu food delivery app’ but an exit of various existing food delivery brands in India.
But what’s its secret to get ahead of the game?
A commission-free model!
That’s what steals the show more than the Indian superstar ‘Suniel Shetty,’ who launched this food delivery app and left people amazed.
Do you also want to get a bombshell experience while exploring what Waayu has in its pocket for hotels, restaurants, and its end-users?
If yes, move with us towards this guide and explore the potential a food delivery app development like Waayu brings to the table. Now, let’s get started!
Waayu: Is It a Threat to Zomato and Swiggy?
The two major food delivery giants, Zomato and Swiggy, have been used by over 20 million people. Because of their instant delivery option and lots of cuisines on the plate, the duopoly of Zomato and Swiggy holds a massive chunk of the market.
However, they charge a set commission of 9% to 22% per order from a restaurant, which is comparatively higher than what the Waayu, a recently launched food delivery app, has offered.
During the launch event of Waayu food delivery app on May 8, 2023, the brand ambassador of the company, Suniel Shetty, mentioned that they don’t charge commissions because other existing food delivery apps are already doing it. Instead, they provided a solution to help hotels & restaurants log orders for food delivery without any commission.
Does it get any better than this? Indeed, the commission-free model that Waayu provides, unveils some significant opportunities for restaurants and vanishes the existence of Zomato and Swiggy.
Commission-Free Model: A Helping Hand to Restaurants Owners
On other food delivery platforms, it gets tough for restaurant owners to stand apart worldwide due to the forceful discounts and hidden charges imposed on them.
Instead, bad reviews, unfair listing, and a lack of transparency hit them hard to make the most of the digitization. So, the benefits these restaurants have assumed after making their presence online would never be achieved.
Fortunately, the arrival of the WAAYU food delivery app gives new hope with its commission-free model. The app ensures everything that is neglected by prestigious brands in the food delivery industry.
Whether it’s about complete transparency, fair listing, or enhanced customer interaction, Waayu helps in every way to improve the visibility of restaurants and increase their profitability.
More About Waayu: A Start of the Revolution!
Just after the launch, the Waayu food delivery app received over 25000 mobile downloads, shaping another valid reason why it is becoming a point of attraction.
But if the company has adopted a commission-free model as its USP to resolve the major bottlenecks that most restaurants and customers face, like biased reviews, high commissions, and poor customer support, how will it generate revenue?
Look at what has been delivered at the launch event about the Waayu food delivery app.
16 revenue streams!
The exceptions that the Waayu food delivery app brings are way beyond our imagination, and it is no surprise it will lead the storm in the food delivery industry and beat all its competitors.
Still in doubt about the competency of Waayu?
Read some facts that make it unique.
- The app was developed by Desktek HORECA and supported by AHAR (Indian Hotel and Restaurant Association).
- Bhagat Tarachand, Banana Leaf, and Mahesh Lunch Home are some big restaurants registered in the app.
- Anirudh Kotgire and Mandar Lande of Desktek HORECA are the founders of the Waayu food delivery app.
- Restaurant owners are provided with their own dashboards.
- Meals at unbeatable prices.
- Multiple delivery options with Grab, Dunzo, and delivery personnel.
- 1500+ Restaurants listed
- Various payment options like UPI, Credit cards, wallets, Debit Cards, and Cash on Delivery (COD).
- 24*7 support of the experienced team.
- POS integration in a restaurant owner app.
- The app has also onboarded CC Avenue, Paytm, Razorpay, and Easebuzz as payment partners.
- Currently, the app is available in Mumbai but can scatter its reach in Pune, Thane, Palghar, Navi Mumbai, BMC, Mira Bhayander, etc.
How Does Waayu Food Delivery App Work for Customers?
There are two versions of the app- Waayu Delivery Partner for delivery executives and Waayu for customers. For customers to order their favorite food, these steps are essential:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search ‘Waayu’ and download the app. You can also visit the website waayu.app.
- Use your phone number/email address to sign up.
- Add your location or address where you want the product to be delivered.
- Browse through the restaurants and menus.
- Pick the dish and add it to the cart.
- Also, you can customize the order according to your preferences.
- Tap ‘Checkout.
- With the availability of a payment gateway, you can use any payment method to pay the bill for the food item.
- You will get a message from the restaurant that confirms your purchase.
- Now, track your order and its status using integrated GPS.
- Enjoy the food your delivery personnel has given you and come closer to the brand Waayu with its on-demand app development.
Incredible Features of the Waayu Food Delivery App
An epitome of perfection is what the Waayu reflects. Not only it provides a solution to restaurants but also enables customers to order their favorite meals.
Look at the key features that make it records this huge success:
1. Best Prices: Consumers can find the best prices for their favorite items and get them delivered to their doorsteps.
2. Industry’s Own App: As it is developed by Desktek HORECA, you will have the best services from the industry people themselves.
3. Seamless Order: The order for your favorite food can be easily placed and tracked using GPS.
4. Iconic Restaurants: Improve your tastebuds while getting desserts, starters, and main courses from some iconic restaurants.
5. Multiple Payment: The integration of the payment gateway lets customers pay with Debit Cards, Credit Cards, CoD, UPI, and Digital Wallets.
6. Instant Support: Get instant support from delivery partners and restaurants.
7. Dynamic Interface: A dynamic user interface that makes it more seamless for users to use the app.
8. Stay Updated: Push notifications will update users about the orders.
How to Make a Food Delivery App? Breaking down some essentials!
The food delivery market is moving forward and is expected to reach $300 billion by 2030. So, in the next five to seven years, we can see massive disruption in the industry, and for your business to prepare against future scenarios, it is time to integrate technologies. And you can do it by creating your own food delivery app.
Wondering how to create a food delivery app?
Here are some essentials you need to follow. Such as:
- Explore your food delivery app idea.
- Define the requirements for the model you chose.
- Decide the significant food delivery app features.
- Consider using a tech stack for a dynamic app base.
- Ensure UI/UX design to provide users with an intuitive experience.
- Connect with the right food delivery app development company.
- Determine the cost to develop a food delivery app.
How Techugo, a leading Food Delivery App Development Company, can Help?
Being a tech giant in the industry for more than seven years, we have all the expertise and experience to turn your app idea live. The competition is cut-throat, but with the right assistance, top methodologies, and tech integration, we can let you leap forth into the market with an unparalleled product.
It’s time to think differently, just like Waayu food delivery app is doing. Looking for more assistance?