As our internal Interaction Designer (IxD) you will be filling the role of a behavioral scientist in a design environment. Your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, platforms for mobile and web.
Skill Set Includes -
- Validating ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel-perfect mockups.
- Measuring recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers.
Since you will be working closely with our product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts, and other key stakeholders, you must be a team player. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups, and flows. Other Requirements includes -
- A minimum of five years of UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive Webdesign and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed-upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.