Sr. Android Developer (4-6 years)
We are looking for a Sr. Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Hands-on experience on Java/ Kotlin and Android application/framework development
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience in Android mobile applications development with sound understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger
- Hands-on experience in building mobile applications and mobility solutions – native applications
- Expert in UI components & controls; Action Bars, Widgets, Fragments etc.
- Expert in basic components of Android: Activity, Services, Intent, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML) & cloud technologies - AWS, GAE, GCM
- Broad knowledge of a range of mobility areas such as Enterprise mobility, Mobile applications pertaining to various domains like Retail, VAS, Media, BFSI, Healthcare, Social Networking, E-commerce etc./li>
- Experience in using analytics, location and social APIs, MDM, payment gateway, SMS gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Must be self -motivated and able to work independently
- Should have good communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for internal team and clients
- Manage/Train other team members
Think you fit in?
Please be sure to also submit a portfolio of your own original work to show us what you can create.