Every business owner wants to make a difference in their existing business by making it more accessible to their customers. There two ways to gain the user’s attention, it can either be a mobile website or a mobile app, it might sound almost similar to you, but eventually there is an ocean of differences, depending on the various factors, i.e: target audiences, available budget, intended purpose and required features. All sorts of industries can boost sales, retain loyal customers and expand their reach and can incur benefits. To help you understand better and decide, here are the differences between the two and how they can fit your requirement basket.
What Is A Mobile Website
A mobile website is just like any other website and consists of browser-based HTML pages, which are linked together and accessed over the mobile with Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G networks. The major difference mobile website has from other websites that it is designed for the smaller display and touchscreen interface. The user can avail the website text content, data, images and video, click-to-call or location-based mapping. The website automatically detects the mobile device and redirects the viewer to the mobile version of the website.
Benefits of A Mobile Website
- Makes regular websites more accessible for the mobile users.
- Contains all the features of a website: look and feel, pages, images and other content.
- Features of mobile-friendly layout offers improved readability and functionality.
- Customers can access website anytime, anywhere using any device, without compromising the user experience.
- Mobile websites can be accessed via any browser and do not depend on different types of mobile devices.
- Can be instantly upgraded and publish to users.
- Mobile websites are much easier for users to find due to displayed search results.
- Website link can be shared across easily.
- Mobile websites can never be deleted and the user can return anytime.
- Mobile Websites are less expensive.
What is Mobile App
Mobile apps are created for a particular business and need to be downloaded and installed on a mobile device. Users have to visit app markets, such as Apple’s App Store, Android Market, or Blackberry App World, according to the mobile device platform.
Benefits of A Mobile App
- The mobile app provides businesses the advantage of having their own corner on the customer’s device.
- To make the presence more noticed, even when not in use, mobile apps send push notifications and learn better about the customer’s preferences and behaviors.
- Mobile apps make it easy to share across the loyalty programs.
- Mobile apps are the easiest way to make payments through a single platform.
- It works offline, without a network/wireless connection.
- For the games, an app is the best choice.
- An app lets the user carry the functions of complex calculations, charts or reports effectively.
What To Choose
The decision of selecting either the mobile website or mobile app depends on one major aspect that is the goal, you want to achieve with any of these. For a concept of a game, an app is the best choice; on the other hand, if you want your product related content to reach a mass number of audience, then a mobile website is a perfect option to go ahead with. Although many of the businesses require both a mobile website and a mobile app, as per their targeted customers. As per the business insiders, a product can have a much better presence in the customer’s eyes, if have a website ready for the product before proceeding with the mobile app.
Although mobile websites and mobile apps aren’t the same things, they generally offer the same features that can help grow your business by making it easier for customers to find and reach you and finally you attaining your business goals.
You can get in touch with our team to discuss further your concept of mobile web or mobile app to bring into reality. The discussion would help you to gain a better insight of your web or app requirement.
You can reach us at: email@example.com