To initiate the significance of political apps can never be confined to a few words, it has been proven its worth time and again and marked a bridge to cater the issues of citizens to political pundits in a less chaotic way.
The very first time the mobile app technology was embedded with a political party, was in the year 2008 by President Obama for his presidential run, where Mr. President organized a person’s iPhone contacts to enable supporters to call any friends located in important electoral districts, the app also featured a donation interface, news feeds, local campaign events, and a list of Obama’s positions on major issues.
And then this legacy was carried further by Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi as well. And today app development has spread like a wildfire and other politicians and political groups around the globe, developed apps to advance their issues.
In the digital era of today, mobile apps for political parties can be recommended for the following reasons:
- Awareness- Creates a political agenda much clearer to the public and spread the awareness
- Fundraising – Increase contributions
- Message – Easily accessible to everyone
- Engagement – Increase supporter’s engagement
- Media – Increase positive media engagement and coverage
- Educate – Educate the public about issues, events and party goals
- Social media – Expand social interaction
- Surveys – Utilize opt-in surveys to find out what issues are important to constituents
A digital interference for your political app, help your party to clarify its strategies, develop new capabilities, and ramp up competing political parties.
A sound medium of interaction
The best way to reach and listen to one’s views is through interaction, but sadly, politicians who work according to the views and opinions of the public, are unable to reach all of them at the same time.
Politicians can’t rely upon their party representatives or offices to communicate with their potential followers, and it turns more relevant during the election times.
Political candidates need to express their ideas, discuss and seal partnerships, so they require a medium to share all the essential information with their voters, in such scenario a mobile app for their political party, acts as a blessing, where they can reshape how politicians communicate, raise money and get out the vote
A great tool for a candidate
A political career graph of a candidate can surge up if there is transparency in his plans and goals for the country. A candidate is needed to be vocal about his values, background, for the identification purpose of his supporters, since the supporters want to experience a connection with their leader.
A mobile app for the political party or, for the particular political leader provides the candidate’s history, his professional political career, experience, accomplishments, etc., while social media connectors can be a window into his day-to-day activities.
It is not useful during the campaigning time only, even when the elected leader chooses the mobile app platform to discuss the public’s concerns and understand the community’s needs, an app can be as much a communication tool as a means to collect precious data to get ahead in the polls, fair and square, just for the instance Indian Prime Minister Mr. Modi chose to get an unbiased review of the nation regarding the recent commendable demonetization step and it created a stir in the nation, as the public got an open platform to share their valuable feedback directly with their PM.
Share your agenda
A mobile app for the political parties can weave an inseparable fabric of trust and values between a political party and the public. Through the mobile app, the local public can learn more about their favorite political party’s upcoming agenda or event.
A mobile app lets the political representatives promote their upcoming events through a Calendar section and can schedule on their agenda, with a description of the event, the exact address, and other relevant information.
For the later stage, the detailed reports of events can be published for the app users through an article or video to let the people know the party’s upcoming goal and benefits oozing from it.
How to make political app engaging?
A mobile app for the political parties can be tricky if not handled wisely, since it can grab or distract the users, based on the user experience, if it is not pleasant enough. There are a few aspects you need to take care of while creating a mobile app for the political parties:
- UI and UX of the mobile app needs to be unique
- Make the features useful and entertaining with animation or emoticons
- Apart from the technical view, there are a few non-technical aspects as well, which ought to be a part of every political mobile app. The following are the non-technical features:
- Let the public use the app to ask questions before an event, post photos
- Offer the relevant news, in the form of Articles, Videos or even Audio sections
- Make the app not merely focusing on delivering news about the party or the event, but also include the issues that are useful to the community in general
- People are busy with their day-to-day tasks and don’t get enough time to open their mobile app frequently, therefore Push Notifications are essential for the long life of a mobile app. These notifications can be utilized to make important announcements or just to invite users to access the latest content posted in the app
- A live chat section, within the app, brings the public closer to their political party and understand each other in a much better way.
Voice your campaign with social media
Do you want to reach out to wider user-base, then voicing your campaign on social media through political app, will help you to reach out to GenXers and understand their needs and share your agenda with them.
What is the aim behind political app development?
The main agenda of any political party is to reach out to the public and share their agenda and beliefs for the development of the nation. App development has the potential to significantly influence democracy and mobile apps are reshaping how people learn about politics and interact with their elected officials.
Politicians can reach out to the right audience at the right time and can help people to come together and achieve their goals. At Techugo, we take pride in developing the mobile apps for a leading political party in India and our political app development team has the expertise to create a unique variety of political application for your party, which would help you to showcase your idea, goal, and dream in the most informative and engaging way. Our team of top mobile app designers is here to help assist you with every step of your political app development strategy. We consult, brainstorm, manage the project, design, develop, test, launch, and market apps in the best possible way. You can get in touch with our team to discuss further your concept to bring into reality. The discussion would help you to gain a better insight into your app requirement.
You can reach us at: